|new // old // about // extras // layout // notes // email // diaryland|
2009 in review.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
A. I went to church for a guy. He's not just any guy though.
B. Graduated from law school.
C. Sat for the bar exams (and I wish to never, EVER do it again).
D. Played a HELL lot of tennis.
E. Met my boyfriend's family and introduced him to mine.
F. Had - and am still having - a real relationship that I'm 100% serious about.
G. You know, I can't think of anything else. The year has been rather uneventful in terms of doing things I'd never done before.
H. Oh one more - went to Orchard on Christmas Eve.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I think last year I resolved to be friends with ex-guys but um, that didn't work out. This year, I can't be bothered to make any resolutions. I will do what I feel like doing, thank you.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I did not step out of Singapore this year. How fucking tragic.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A sense of direction - in terms of where I want my life to head - would be nice.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 28. The day Wei Chuen and I got together.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Graduating with a 2-1. And not dropping out of PLC.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not dropping out of PLC.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
My old problem with the knees is back. I'm back to taking glucosamine.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Wei Chuen's Christmas present. This was the first thing to come to mind.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
All my friends and my boyfriend.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Clothes that I don't need. Normal clothes, work clothes, tennis clothes. OH MY GOD. I am so broke. I currently have $181 in my bank account. It's meant to last me until the end of January. FUCK I'M DEAD.
And I also started taking cabs. Sigh.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Taking pictures with the Christmas lights on Christmas Eve? I don't know.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Sad but true: Best In Me by Blue. Hahahaha.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Happier for sure.
ii. thinner or fatter?
I seriously don't even want to know. <<< Yeah, no change there.
iii. richer or poorer?
In terms of disposable income, definitely poorer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Definitely travel. I didn't go anywhere at all. HOW TRAGIC IS THAT.
And, as always - write. Though I think I'm fighting a losing battle with this one.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Picking fights with the boyfriend. It's um, senseless and stupid.
And I wish I hadn't procrastinated so much.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Christmas was the best ever. Last year I said it was the worst ever. Hahaha. Talk about a dramatic change.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes. And very deeply in love too.
23. How many one night stands?
I'm only interested in one person - and I want him over many, many, many nights.
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
Chuck and Dollhouse, and the Vampire Diaries.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I can't be bothered to hate people.
26. What was the best book you read?
This is depressing. I think I read less than five books in total this whole year, and one of them was a tennis autobiography. Seriously. Seriously.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
Tong Wei Chuen.
29. What did you want and not get?
Sigh. I don't know.
30. What was your favourite film of this year?
District 9. HANDS DOWN.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Had stupid graduation ceremony which was a snoozefest, then went out with Wei Chuen, then had dinner with family.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Going overseas. DAMMIT.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
34. What kept you sane?
The thought that there's a flash of light at the end of the tunnel - and it's not the headlights of an oncoming train.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
A lot. Citizenship issue, fucking retarded idiots in some African country using rape in broad daylight as a tool to suppress opposition, fucking retarded idiots in Iran arresting and killing protesters, fucking retarded China executing people over the milk scandal, fucking retarded China again executing a British citizen who was of unsound mind (allegedly) for drug trafficking...I forgot the rest.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
It's not always about me.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Can't be bothered.